Easy Lemon Herb Roast Chicken Recipe
Recipe type: Main Entree - Chicken
An easy and delicious dinner that will please your entire family.
- One whole chicken (~3 pounds)
- 2 tsp Club House Italiano One-Step Seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, squeezed. Don't discard lemon. (or 4 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken thoroughly & remove any feathers that may still be hanging around. Dry with paper towels.
- Mix herbs together in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Place chicken in a roaster. Stuff lemon halves (after squeezing the juice out) into the chicken cavity.
- Brush onto chicken. Cut a slit in the chicken skin over each of the breasts. Pour lemon herb mixture under the skin.
- Coat the entire chicken.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the chicken reaches 150 degrees in the thickest part of the thigh (not near the bone).
My chicken wasn't quite thawed so 2 hours was not enough (plus we didn't look up where to put the temp probe in so it falsely said it was done). I ended up chopping the chicken up and putting it back in the oven to finish.
- Monday Funday Linky Party – April 27 - April 27, 2015
- Honey Grilled Chicken and Shrimp with Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheets - April 24, 2015
- Meet Medicine Hat…A Great Road Trip from Calgary! - April 22, 2015
- A Company Doing It Right, The BMO #HelpGiven Campaign - April 21, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – April 20 - April 20, 2015
- Delicious Double Chocolate Muffins - April 17, 2015
- What to Keep On Hand for Quick Dinners - April 16, 2015
- Exploring an Underground River and Cenotes at Kantun-Chi in the Mayan Riviera - April 15, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – April 13 - April 13, 2015
- A Couples Escape in Canmore - April 12, 2015