Easy Lemon Herb Roast Chicken Recipe
Recipe type: Main Entree - Chicken
An easy and delicious dinner that will please your entire family.
- One whole chicken (~3 pounds)
- 2 tsp Club House Italiano One-Step Seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, squeezed. Don't discard lemon. (or 4 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken thoroughly & remove any feathers that may still be hanging around. Dry with paper towels.
- Mix herbs together in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Place chicken in a roaster. Stuff lemon halves (after squeezing the juice out) into the chicken cavity.
- Brush onto chicken. Cut a slit in the chicken skin over each of the breasts. Pour lemon herb mixture under the skin.
- Coat the entire chicken.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the chicken reaches 150 degrees in the thickest part of the thigh (not near the bone).
My chicken wasn't quite thawed so 2 hours was not enough (plus we didn't look up where to put the temp probe in so it falsely said it was done). I ended up chopping the chicken up and putting it back in the oven to finish.
- Monday Funday Linky Party – Dec 22 - December 22, 2014
- For Elf’s Sakes! - December 21, 2014
- Homemade Gingerbread Houses - December 17, 2014
- Christmas Morning With Pascal’s Patisserie in Calgary - December 16, 2014
- Holiday Baking Memories – Magic Cookie Bars #CollectiveBias - December 15, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – December 15 - December 15, 2014
- Giving Experiences This Christmas with LivingSocial - December 13, 2014
- Quick and Easy Foodie Gift Ideas from The Real Canadian Superstore - December 11, 2014
- Nutella, Pretzel and Cranberry No-Bake Cookies & The Sweet Holiday Blog Hop - December 10, 2014
- Crock Pot Split Pea Soup - December 9, 2014