Easy Lemon Herb Roast Chicken Recipe
Recipe type: Main Entree - Chicken
An easy and delicious dinner that will please your entire family.
- One whole chicken (~3 pounds)
- 2 tsp Club House Italiano One-Step Seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, squeezed. Don't discard lemon. (or 4 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken thoroughly & remove any feathers that may still be hanging around. Dry with paper towels.
- Mix herbs together in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Place chicken in a roaster. Stuff lemon halves (after squeezing the juice out) into the chicken cavity.
- Brush onto chicken. Cut a slit in the chicken skin over each of the breasts. Pour lemon herb mixture under the skin.
- Coat the entire chicken.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the chicken reaches 150 degrees in the thickest part of the thigh (not near the bone).
My chicken wasn't quite thawed so 2 hours was not enough (plus we didn't look up where to put the temp probe in so it falsely said it was done). I ended up chopping the chicken up and putting it back in the oven to finish.
- Try the New Original Joe’s Summer Menu – Giveaway - May 22, 2015
- Cooper, Our Little Urban Dog - May 21, 2015
- Quick and Easy Cheater Pizza - May 19, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – May 18 - May 18, 2015
- Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheet Giveaway #WhatsOnYourGrill - May 16, 2015
- Great Make and Freeze Meals - May 15, 2015
- Exploring the Deep in Cozumel with Atlantis Submarines - May 12, 2015
- Monday Funday Linky Party – May 11 - May 11, 2015
- Easy Crunchy Parmesan Ranch Pork Chops - May 10, 2015
- Instagramming My Way to Self Acceptance - May 9, 2015