Easy Lemon Herb Roast Chicken Recipe
Recipe type: Main Entree - Chicken
An easy and delicious dinner that will please your entire family.
- One whole chicken (~3 pounds)
- 2 tsp Club House Italiano One-Step Seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, squeezed. Don't discard lemon. (or 4 Tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken thoroughly & remove any feathers that may still be hanging around. Dry with paper towels.
- Mix herbs together in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Place chicken in a roaster. Stuff lemon halves (after squeezing the juice out) into the chicken cavity.
- Brush onto chicken. Cut a slit in the chicken skin over each of the breasts. Pour lemon herb mixture under the skin.
- Coat the entire chicken.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the chicken reaches 150 degrees in the thickest part of the thigh (not near the bone).
My chicken wasn't quite thawed so 2 hours was not enough (plus we didn't look up where to put the temp probe in so it falsely said it was done). I ended up chopping the chicken up and putting it back in the oven to finish.
- Original Joe’s Partners with Mealshare - November 25, 2014
- Easy DIY Grapevine and Burlap Wreath - November 24, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – November 24 - November 24, 2014
- Come visit me on Huff Po! - November 23, 2014
- Cedar and Sparrow – Get Natural Products Delivered to Your Door in Calgary & Cochrane - November 20, 2014
- Tips for Booking Holiday Travel On Points - November 18, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – November 17 - November 17, 2014
- Ten Christmas Cookies You Should Try! - November 16, 2014
- Pleasantly Plump – Another Chasing Happy Instalment - November 13, 2014
- This Christmas’ Best Toys from Mastermind Toys & a New Calgary Location - November 12, 2014