It’s that time of year again….when the blogosphere goes a bit wild and crazy and there are parties in the streets…um…along the internet lines. For the past 5 years the lovely ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom have been throwing a hell of a party. I participated in 2010 and 2011 and I’m hoping this year will be better than ever.
For those of you who don’t blog, you’re probably thinking “Wha??? Why would you have a blog party?” Well, it’s a great way to “meet” other bloggers and find cool blogs to read that you might never find otherwise. Cool, huh?
So…without further ado, let me introduce me & my little corner of the blogosphere. My name is Merry…yep, Merry. I was born 3 days before Christmas so I got a Christmas-y name. MerryWithChildren started out as “Merry and Dewey in Canada”. I started it in 2006, a year after we moved from Austin, TX back to Dewey’s home town of Calgary, AB. I decided to start blogging about my new life as a wife, stepmom and an American living in Canada. In the last 6 years, my blog has changed as my life has changed. I am now the mom of an almost 5 year old. I still work full time but in marketing & social media. I also find that I blog less about my stepkids because they are almost teenagers and well…I don’t want to invade their privacy as they grow up.
In the past few years, I have started blogging more about food. Love recipes? Definitely check out my Recipe Index which is chock full of much loved, family friendly recipes. Some of my favorites include: Peach Cobbler, CrockPot Chicken and Dumplings, Chicken Peanut Noodles and many more.
Love Disney? You should check out my Disney Diaries posts from our recent trip to Disney World. They’re full of tips for things such as The Disney Dining Plan, where we ate at Disney & what we thought, planning your trip to Disney World and pictures from our visits to the different parks.
So that’s a bit about me & my blog. More often than not I blog about this guy…my little Evan. Cute, huh?
Well, it’s time for me to say goodbye & that I hope you come back to visit soon!
- Now Accepting Submissions for Merry About Town 2014 Holiday Gift Guide - September 20, 2014
- Beyond the Sandwich Lunch Box Ideas - September 17, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – Sept 15 - September 15, 2014
- Ten New York City Travel Tips & Tricks - September 13, 2014
- Copycat Guthrie’s Sauce and Why It Makes This Southern Girl So Happy - September 11, 2014
- Calgary Home + Design Show Gift Basket Giveaway - September 10, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party- September 8 - September 8, 2014
- Chasing Happy – Trying to Just BE - September 4, 2014
- Visiting Calgary? Definitely Check Out the Calgary Zoo! - September 3, 2014
- Monday Funday Linky Party – Sept 1 - September 1, 2014