I, personally, love giant bags of candy. I know my kids do, too. BUT I know that many parents nowadays are looking for alternatives to a sugar-filled loot bag. Well, I came up with this GIANT list of summer loot bag ideas, just for you. And they are all easy AND inexpensive. You’re welcome.
1) A mix CD: the songs can fit the party theme! Or you could have a summer-music playlist. ANYTHING that gets Frozen out of rotation in my car.
3) Books: ALWAYS in season.
6) Beach towels: ones with TV characters will go over well.
9) Balls: basketball, soccer ball, bouncy ball, etc. You can buy them anywhere, for cheap.
11) Foil balloons: use them as decorations and then send them home with your guests! They last for WEEKS, and are very hard to pop.
OMG Parties Are Expensive.
Save money by combining the loot bag with the party activity! For instance:
18) Cookie-Making: kids decorate cookies and bring home the cookie cutter they used, along with a recipe.
|I got these at the dollar store.|
REMEMBER: We tend to over-think this. Most kids are actually pretty easy to please. Keep it simple, and have fun!
Here are some products mentioned above. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking through these links, I will make a small percentage of your purchase without it affecting the cost to you
SL crafts Mini Stretched Canvas 3.5Rhode Island Novelty Neon 80’s Style Party Sunglasses with Dark Lens – Kids / Teenage Pack (Pack of 12)S&S Worldwide Color Splash! Giant Box of Sidewalk Chalk(box of 126)Fun Filled Summer Super Miracle Bubble Makers Party Activity, Assorted Colors, Plastic , 4 Ounces, Pack of 6Rhode Island Novelty JATOTLG Canvas Tote Bag, 12.75-Inch, Pack of 12Children’s Artists Fabric Aprons – Kitchen, Classroom, Community Event, Crafts & Art Painting Activity. Safe Clean 12 Pack Assorted Colors
For more easy loot bag ideas, check out my post on Winter Loot Bags!