There is nothing worse than seeing a kid at a birthday party who can’t eat the cake. That is SAD. And it’s the reality for many kids who have peanut or dairy allergies.
If you have kids at your party with more general nut allergies, you could also use Silk’s soy milk.
This recipe is so easy, I enlisted my kids as helpers. It went completely smoothly. HA HA HA just kidding, be prepared for mess.
Just like watching the Food Network, right? So professional!
The kids thought that this allergy-friendly cake tasted just as good as the ones that are full of milk and eggs! My husband said it is the best cake I have ever made (they usually come out of boxes). This is great, because it only involved a tiny bit more effort than using a mix.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup Silk Original Creamy Cashew beverage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Make three holes in the dry mixture. Pour the vinegar in one hole, the vanilla in the second, and the vegetable oil in the third.
- Pour the Silk Cashew beverage over everything
- Bake in an 8″ square pan for 35 minutes