I’ve always been a bit afraid of making crepes. I thought they would be difficult to make and MUCH too fiddly. In reality, they’re not that bad. These were a big hit and are a yummy breakfast or brunch staple. You can add fillings to make these sweet or savoury.
So kick your next brunch or breakfast up a notch and make crepes. Your family won’t know what hit them. Definitely make sure you have Nutella and whipped cream to top them, though! Yum!
Apple Topping (enough for about 4 crepes):
- 2 apples
- 2 Tbsp powdered icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Mix flour & salt in one bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients in another bowl.
- Add liquid to flour & beat until smooth.
- Batter should be relatively thin so that it will spread in the pan (I had to add about 3/4 cup extra water).
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter on the pan using ~ 1/4 cup for each crepe (or more if this amount won’t cover the area you want).
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion so the surface is coated evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes until the bottom is light golden brown in spots.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve hot.
- Heat in non-stick skillet on stove until apples are tender.
- Increase recipe for the number of people you have.
Recipe Notes: These are a little fiddly until you get the hang of it but they are very, very good.
Other great Breakfast Recipes: