It’s almost SuperBowl time! If you are looking for that two thumbs up, so good you want to eat the whole dish yourself, OMG appetizer…you have found it. Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is a crowd pleaser. It has just enough spice to be interesting without offending your guests who don’t love spice. We made this for New Year’s Eve and it was the first appie that was finished. Trying to cut back on chips? This dip is KILLER on celery sticks. You can *almost* fool yourself in to thinking it is healthy.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd, just make sure to use a bigger dish as making it thicker wouldn’t be as tasty (it’s all about the ratio don’t ya know).
I’ve seen lots of other recipes where all the ingredients are mixed together, but I love this layered and baked recipe instead. You can get a bit of everything on your chip or avoid the bleu cheese crumbles if you are so inclined. Over the years, this has become my most requested recipe to bring to potlucks. Someone always asks for the recipe before we leave.
- 8 oz brick of lite cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped (I baked 2 chicken breasts & chopped them up)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread cream cheese in a shallow casserole dish or ceramic pie plate.
- Mix buffalo wing sauce & butter.
- Pour over chicken and mix well.
- Pour chicken/wing sauce mixture over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle on bleu cheese crumbles & then the mozza (just a thin layer or it will be hard to dip).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips or celery.
Other great appetizer recipes for your next party!