Bringing friends and family together is one of my favourite things to do. People bond and share over food like no other occasion. I’m trying so hard to change my life for the better. This includes getting over my need for a perfect house, perfect food or the perfect occasion to invite friends over. Instead, I am trying to just DO IT. Sometimes I do that and just throw out a few bags of chips. Sometimes, I have time and make my world famous Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip.
You see, I am a wing fan. Yep, I love them. Frank’s hot sauce….bleu cheese….cream cheese….yep, these are a few of my favourite things! I prep the chicken early in the day and shred/chop it. Instant Pot shredded chicken is perfect for this recipe. You can even make lots of chicken all at once in your Instant Pot and portion it out for future buffalo chicken dip recipes (or other recipes using chicken…tho we know it would be for chicken dip).
Then I can stir everything together, layer it together and pop it in the oven. It comes out ooey, gooey cheesy with the taste of buffalo wings in a dip. Buffalo chicken dip is delicious with tortilla chips or carrot and celery sticks. Every time I make it, it disappears like magic.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd, just make sure to use a bigger dish as making it thicker wouldn’t be as tasty (it’s all about the ratio don’t ya know).
I’ve seen lots of other recipes where all the ingredients are mixed together, but I love this layered and baked recipe instead. You can get a bit of everything on your chip or avoid the bleu cheese crumbles if you are so inclined. Over the years, this has become my most requested recipe to bring to potlucks. Someone always asks for the recipe before we leave.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz lite cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped (I baked 2 chicken breasts & chopped them up)
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread cream cheese in a shallow casserole dish or ceramic pie plate.
- Mix buffalo wing sauce & butter.
- Pour over chicken and mix well.
- Pour chicken/wing sauce mixture over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle on bleu cheese crumbles & then the mozza (just a thin layer or it will be hard to dip).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips or celery.
Other great appetizer recipes for your next party!