It turns out that birthday parties at the Calgary Zoo are actually a lot like going to a nightclub! Stay with me here. This will make sense by the end.
$275 for a Preschool Party or $350 if your child is older and harder to entertain.
That is a lot. But keep in mind:
- You are buying admission for 20 people.
- The Zoo is a nonprofit. You don’t want the penguins to go hungry, do you?
- You get an awesome Program Coordinator like Zack for the length of the party.
- Also, look right beside Zack’s head. See that green thing? It’s a bird! You guys, there are SECRET ANIMALS in some of these birthday rooms! These rooms are full of crap that the rabble outside don’t get access to!
A minimum of two weeks notice is required, but you should call as early as possible, because everyone lurves the zoo.
- A private tour
- Games or activities suited to your child’s age and interests
- Snacks and drinks
- Zack or similar
- Possible secret animals or skeletons!
- Big Cats
Basically, having a birthday party at the zoo is like getting access to that awesome VIP room behind the velvet rope at a nightclub. Or at least, it’s how I imagine that would be, since I have never gotten access to the VIP room at a nightclub. In short:
- You have to spend a lot of money to get in.
- You get to hang out somewhere most people don’t get to see.
- There are snacks.
- You have employees personally waiting on you (bar) or educating you (zoo).
- Everyone else will be JEALOUS of you.
For pictures of a REAL party at the Calgary Zoo, check out my post on their Penguin Parties!
Disclaimer: Prices and other info are subject to change – check with the zoo before you book!