If you haven’t been to the Bow Habitat Station in Calgary, you are missing out. It’s one of the city’s best-kept secrets for families with kids! My daughter asks to go to the “Fish Museum” on a regular basis. Their parties can involve anything from crafting to fishing to movies in a theatre!
The Bow Habitat Station has four different parties available for kids from 4 – 12 years old.
However, my kids are 3 and 18 months old, and they LOVE it there. If your kids are too little for a birthday, you should still check it out!
Party packages range from $189 to $279. Remember – this includes a programmer! Translation: you relax and take pictures while the BHS staff do all the work.
|Feeding the Fish!|
WHAT YOU GET
- Electronic invites (environmentally friendly, yo!)
- Activities led by a programmer
- Party favours
- A gift for the birthday child
- One hour in a private party room
|Fish Hats! – Photo courtesy of Bow Habitat Station|
- Feeding fish in the hatchery
- Exploring the Discovery Centre
- Making adorable fish hats
- Using dip nets to explore an interpretive wetland
- Watching a movie of your choice in a private theatre
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS PLACE!
Bow Habitat Station teaches your kids all about Alberta’s fish and wildlife, but more importantly – it’s fun. It’s clear that this place was designed with kids in mind. Here are some of our favourite parts!
1) Dinosaur. ‘Nuff said.
2) Games! There are activities all over the place, and many of them have an electronic component. This boat is a fish-identifying game, but my kids just like to stack the blocks and pretend we are in the ocean.
3) Beaver Dam. You can crawl inside and see what’s under the water line. There’s a beaver inside!
4) Fish. I am scared of fish, so this part is slightly horrifying to me. But my kids LOVE it. There’s also a corner here with stuffed rocks and fish, and lights that give the area an “underwater” look. My kids like to pretend they are fish there.
5) Umbrellas. These are suspended from the ceiling, and when you walk under them, you set off a “storm,” complete with lightning and sound effects!
Full Disclosure: Check the BHS website for the most up-to-date info on their parties! I was not compensated with money or fish for this post. Also, I am scared of fish, and I find the hatchery terrifying.
LOOK at this FISH. It wants to get me.
It’s looking right at me!
Are you also not a fan of fish? Need more ideas? Check out my list of EVERYWHERE you can have a birthday party in Calgary.