Blueberries are out in full force at the Farmers Markets right now but I’m sure this recipe could also be easily made from frozen (I think). Go buy blueberries & get cooking your very own blueberry jam!
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 45g pouch Bernadin freezer jam pectin (I'm sure any freezer jam pectin will do but NOT regular)
- Wash, thoroughly drain and crush blueberries one layer at a time (using a potato masher) in a large heavy saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add in pectin and stir for an additional 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into straight sided (without shoulders) canning jars or freezer containers leaving 1/2" space at the top. Cover with tight fitting lids.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freezer for up to 1 year.
- Makes about 4 1/2 cups.
: I use Bernadin 250mL wide mouth jars. I like the small size b/c you can use up the jam quicker so it doesn't go bad in the fridge. The wide mouth jars also make it much easier to ladle the jam in. This jam is REALLY GOOD!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 108
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Carbohydrates: 4gSugar: 3g