Blueberries are out in full force at the Farmers Markets right now but I’m sure this recipe could also be easily made from frozen (I think). Go buy blueberries & get cooking your very own blueberry jam!
Blueberry Freezer Jam
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 45g pouch Bernadin freezer jam pectin (I'm sure any freezer jam pectin will do but NOT regular)
- Wash, thoroughly drain and crush blueberries one layer at a time (using a potato masher) in a large heavy saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add in pectin and stir for an additional 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into straight sided (without shoulders) canning jars or freezer containers leaving 1/2" space at the top. Cover with tight fitting lids.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freezer for up to 1 year.
- Makes about 4 1/2 cups.