This isn’t really a recipe per se…..it’s more of a new breakfast idea. We eat breakfast tacos quite a bit. It is very kid friendly and the whole family loves them.
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- 7 eggs
- 1 link chorizo, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salsa, to taste
- Scramble the eggs as normal. As you are cooking them, add the pieces of cooked bacon. Heat up the flour tortillas in the microwave for ~10 seconds or until warm. Add egg/bacon mixture to the tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and add salsa. You can fry the taco in a pan briefly to crisp up the outside of the taco & make it extra yummy.
- Brown chorizo in a small skillet
- Cook corn tortillas in a small skillet with a small amount of butter until they are pliable.
- Add eggs, chorizo and cheese. Fold over tortilla and cook in pan until crisp. Serve hot with salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 277 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 310mg Sodium: 394mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Protein: 17g
Recipe Notes: This is ultimately flexible. You can use sausage, veggies, etc. You can also use flour tortillas. I like my breakfast taco hot so I add Sriracha Rooster sauce. Yum!