Evan and I are living at the cottage this summer. One of his favorite summer treats is a S’more fresh off the campfire. When we are here alone, I don’t often build a fire just for us. Unfortunately, that means he doesn’t get s’mores that often. Never fear Caramel S’mores Bars are here!
Bake up a pan and everyone can have their S’mores fix without smelling like a camp fire or setting themselves on fire (if you have ever roasted marshmallows with children, you will know this is a real possibility). Want to switch it up a bit? Use chocolate hazlenut spread (or Reese spread) instead of caramel. So good!
Check out this recipe for Caramel S’mores Bars. It has all the taste of the campfire (plus caramel!) without having to build a fire. Perfect for a crowd too! Yum!
Caramel S’mores Bars Recipe
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate shavings
- 11/2 cups caramel sauce, found near the peanut butter & honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a bowl beat the butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Add, while whisking, the flour, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and slice into 3/4" thick slices.
- Place slices on a cookie sheet.
- Cover the slices with caramel sauce, chocolate shavings, and marshmallows.
- Place in the oven and roast for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 977Saturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 663mgCarbohydrates: 151gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 9g