Carrot cake is one of my favourite desserts of all time. I find layered carrot cake to be dry more often than not. The one thing this carrot cake is not is dry. The addition of pineapple makes it moist and delicious.
Made in a 11X13 pan, this carrot cake recipe is perfect for a potluck. I promise that you will get asked for the recipe time and time again!
Moist and Delicious Carrot Cake
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese 250 ml
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream sugar and oil together.
- Add next 5 ingredients & mix.
- Gradually add the carrots, egg and pineapple.
- Bake in a 11X13 inch greased dish for 40 minutes.
- Bring cream cheese and butter to room temperature & then cream together.
- Add vanilla & icing sugar. Beat until smooth. Spread icing on cooled cake.