The smell of fresh baked bread wafting from the oven is a beautiful thing. Nothing elevates a dinner of soup or stew like fresh baked bread. My family’s favourite is this Cheesy Garlic Beer Bread. It’s like cheese bread and garlic bread got married and had a baby!
Beer bread is an easy peasy quick bread that you can make in under an hour. It’s perfect for busy nights when you are making a pot of soup. Stir this recipe together before you start your soup and it will likely be ready at the same time. Soup with fresh bread is one of my favourite fall and winter meals!
You can use any beer that you like with this recipe. Darker beers will give a stronger flavor as will very hoppy beers. Basically, use a beer you like to drink and don’t use a flavored beer. Basically the beer leavens your bread without the use of yeast.
You can also play around with the seasoning. Add sautéed onions, bacon, dill, or whatever suits your fancy.
Cheesy Garlic Beer Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Plus, or equivalent
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle beer
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add beer and mix well. You will get a soft dough.
- Add to greased pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let sit in pan for 10 minutes and then finish on a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy. Also really good toasted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 318 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 928mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 1g Protein: 12g