You may be noticing a theme these days….fast and delicious weeknight meal ideas are front and center for me right now. Back to school evenings are busy but I love having a home cooked meal to serve anyway. This deliciously cheesy skillet fits the bill perfectly. It’s an easy tortellini recipe that you will use again and again.
Dewey and I both gave it two big thumbs up. Evan picked out the tortellini and the sausage because he is a pain that way. I see this being in heavy rotation this fall. Served with a salad and a piece of garlic toast, it is the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 pound Mild Italian Sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 20 oz refrigerated tortellini, large pack
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Italiano seasoning
- 2 Tbsp plain cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Squeeze Italian Sausage out of casings and into pan. Add onions.
- Cook until Italian Sausage is browned. Break sausage pieces up with your spoon as it cooks.
- Add tortellini, tomatoes, water and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes or as per the package directions.
- Add cheeses, remove from heat and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Saturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 1345mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g