Disclosure: This post for Chocolate Cream Cheese Blondies is a sponsored post and I have been compensated for writing this post. The opinions shared are, as always, my own.
I love chocolate, I love cream cheese….chocolate cream cheese? Oh yes, I will! Philadelphia Cream cheese recently added Chocolate to its line of flavoured cream cheeses. I couldn’t wait to try it! Also, with Chocolate Philly you get the dairy goodness of Philly plus the deliciousness of pure milk chocolate – with half the sugar and calories (per 1 tbsp. serving) of other chocolate spreads.
I am not a huge breakfast person so my mind went straight to my favorite part of any meal….dessert. I made Chocolate Cream Cheese Blondies. Now if you MUST have a breakfast idea….just serve these with milk and a side of fruit and call it good. They are delicious squared and you MUST MAKE THEM RIGHT NOW! Sorry for yelling but they are that good. Trust me.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt, if not using salted butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Philly Chocolate Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8X8 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk well.
- Add flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in to prepared pan.
- Dollop the chocolate cream cheese on top of the blondie batter.
- Drag a butter knife through the cream cheese to swirl it in to the top of the blondie batter.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in the pan and then cut in to squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 163mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 26g Protein: 3g
Love Bar Cookies? Here are more great recipes that you might enjoy!