We are going camping at Ol’ McDonald’s Farm. I’m not sure why I feel the need to make treats like a mad fiend but I do. Last night I was up until 11:30 making Puffed Wheat Squares and Homemade Pretzels. Here are the recipes so I can spread the insanity. Enjoy!
Puffed Wheat Squares
- Combine corn syrup, butter, brown sugar and cocoa in a large, heavy sauce pan.
- Boil for 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add puffed wheat and combine completely.
- Pour mixture into a 11X13" buttered pan. Press into pan.
- Let cool & cut into squares.
Homemade Pretzels – These are oh so yummy! I could type out the recipe but it’s just as easy for you to head over to Lianne’s blog and see for yourself. I did use 2 cups whole wheat flour as a substitute for 2 of the cups of all purpose flour. These were pretty easy though a bit time consuming. I made 8 cinnamon sugar and 8 garlic salt (top pic). Yum!