Christmas Cookies are one of my favourite parts of the holiday. I love making them for my friends and family. Plus I get to eat them myself. Here are a 100+ Christmas Cookie recipes to try this holiday season.
Not sure why you need more than 100 Christmas cookie recipes? Well, they make great homemade Christmas gifts for anyone that has been good this year but didn’t *quite* make Santa’s list. I recommend making a batch of my Homemade Nuts and Bolts (Chex Mix) to go with your cookies. Sweet and savoury for the win!
Tools to Make Christmas Cookies a Cinch (and keep you from being the Grinch)!
- Adjustable Push Measuring Cup – If you are using sticky things like syrup or peanut butter, a measuring cup that you fill up and push out is a must. You won’t know how you lived without one!
- Multiple heavy-duty cookie sheets – While you can get by with two, having more makes baking a lot of cookies much easier. Giving your cookie sheets time to cool between batches makes for a more evenly baked cookie.
- Parchment paper – This extra step makes cleanup a snap.
- Cookie scoop – Want your cookies to come out the same size? Use a cookie scoop! I like having all three sizes so I have options and I use the large one for muffins and cupcakes.
- Cooling racks – Stacking racks are a great way to go since you’ll be making a whole whack of cookies at once. They have to be cool before you can package them up to give.
- Cookie bags or tins – Whether you reuse Christmas tins, foil containers or go with cellophane or paper bags, think about how many you need and get them before the cookies go in the oven!
Nothing says Christmas like sugar cookies!
Tender and flakey, shortbread cookies are the melt-in-your-mouth treat everyone loves.
Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar Cookies
I love cookies rolled in powdered sugar! It looks just like snow.
Thumbprint cookies are a Christmas favourite.
Cinnamon, ginger and cloves taste like Christmas!
Fruit flavours are the stars of the show in these Christmas cookie recipes.
Easy peasy bar cookies to bake, cut and give.
Must Love Chocolate
All these recipes include chocolate but don't fit into one of my other categories.
Cookies with Sprinkles
Every party needs a bit of confetti. Basically sprinkles are just cookie confetti which is perfect for Christmas.
Gluten-free cookie recipes. These are recipes that profess their gluten-freeness not ones that just happen to be.
Unique Christmas Cookies
Not your ordinary Christmas cookie recipes!