Sometimes this blogging thing can be really, really cool. One of those times was two weeks ago when I got a chance to cook with Chef Lynn Crawford thanks to Catelli pasta. You probably know her from Top Chef Canada and Chopped Canada. While the editors sometimes edit to make her look like a bit of a meanie, she is really HILARIOUS. She had our entire group laughing the entire night.
Chef Crawford has partnered with Catelli to introduce their new Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains line of pastas. It is the only 100 percent whole grain pasta of its kind on the market. It’s made with 100% Canadian wheat plus quinoa, teff, amaranth, millet and sorghum. It is available in spaghetti, spaghettini and rotini.
We got to try Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains in marinara sauce and pesto sauce. It has a delicious nutty flavor that I prefer to standard whole wheat pasta. I also found that it had a better tooth feel than whole wheat pasta which I find gets mushy.
Chef Crawford walked us through a few recipes highlighting Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains pasta. A few lucky bloggers even got to join Chef Crawford to help including one of my great friends Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life. She did a great job…who knows maybe she’ll be be the next Food Network Canada star!
After watching Chef Crawford, we all headed for the kitchen.
It was an awesome night of cooking, learning and hanging out with friends. Plus, did I mention the food was fantastic? In fact, I have a great recipe to share with you straight from Chef Crawford. It’s a delicious chilled noodle salad that I could eat all day.
Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing
- 1 pkg Catelli Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains Spaghetiini
- 2 cups snow peas thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 1 small english cucumber seeded and diced
- 2 cups napa cabbage finely shredded
- 1 cup red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- wasabi to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water until chilled. Place in bowl and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook edamame and snow peas until tender crisp. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to pasta.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add chopped vegetables to noodles and toss with finished dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro and black sesame seeds.
Want to try Catelli Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains pasta yourself? Enter below to win a year’s supply!