Christmas morning is a busy time. Dinner needs to go into the oven, kids are begging to open their gifts and everyone is starving. Instead of trying to do it all and make pancakes too, try this Cranberry Bliss Overnight French Toast bake.
You put together the ingredients the night before, pop it into the fridge and then bake it the next morning. Easy peasy and it’s a delicious and special brunch treat.
As with any French Toast recipe, eggs are an integral part of the recipe. For this recipe, I used eggs in a carton. They are real eggs and they take up less room in the fridge! Make sure you grab liquid eggs and not one with extra flavours….egg yolks and egg whites with no additional ingredients. They are also pasteurized so that you can make cookies with them and eat ALL THE DOUGH….but that is another post for another day.
I also like using carton eggs because I can keep a carton in the freezer for up to 3 months and they are ready whenever I need them. No worries about not having quite enough eggs for the recipe I want to make. Plus it is perfect for the cottage because the store is 20 minutes away instead of right around the corner.
This recipe is great for people who don’t like recipes that are super sweet. The tart of the cranberries is the perfect foil for the sweetness of the French toast. Delicious!
So pick up the ingredients for this delicious Overnight French Toast Bake and ENJOY!
Cranberry Bliss Overnight French Toast Bake Recipe
An overnight breakfast casserole that is perfect for the holidays or any time!
- 5 cups French loaf cut into cubes
- 6 oz cream cheese, lite can be used
- 1 cup frozen cranberries, heaping
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Burnbrae Farms Simply Eggs, well shaken
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Place half the bread cubes in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cream cheese, cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix Simply Eggs (well shaken), milk and syrup.
- Pour over the bread mixture in the casserole dish.
- Press down on bread to make sure that the egg mixture is distributed throughout the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Take French Toast Bake out of refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap from casserole and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Let sit for 5 – 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g