Christmas morning is a busy time. Dinner needs to go into the oven, kids are begging to open their gifts and everyone is starving. Instead of trying to do it all and make pancakes too, try this Cranberry Bliss Overnight French Toast bake.
You put together the ingredients the night before, pop it into the fridge and then bake it the next morning. Easy peasy and it’s a delicious and special brunch treat.
As with any French Toast recipe, eggs are an integral part of the recipe. For this recipe, I used Burnbrae Farm’s Naturegg Simply Eggs. Simply Eggs are liquid whole eggs that are exactly what the name says….Simply Eggs. Egg yolks and egg whites with no additional ingredients. They are also pasteurized so that you can make cookies with them and eat ALL THE DOUGH….but that is another post for another day.
I liked using Simply Eggs because I can keep a carton in the freezer for up to 3 months and they are ready whenever I need them. No worries about not having quite enough eggs for the recipe I want to make. Plus it is perfect for the cottage because the store is 20 minutes away instead of right around the corner.
So pick up the ingredients for this delicious Overnight French Toast Bake and ENJOY!
Cranberry Bliss Overnight French Toast Bake Recipe
Cranberry Bliss Overnight French Toast Bake
- 5 cups French loaf cut into cubes
- 6 oz cream cheese lite can be used
- 1 cup frozen cranberries heaping
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Burnbrae Farms Simply Eggs well shaken
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Place half the bread cubes in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cream cheese, cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix Simply Eggs (well shaken), milk and syrup.
- Pour over the bread mixture in the casserole dish.
- Press down on bread to make sure that the egg mixture is distributed throughout the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Take French Toast Bake out of refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap from casserole and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Let sit for 5 – 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Learn more about Burnbrae Farms and get great giveaways and recipes by liking and following the them on: Facebook: Burnbrae Farms, Twitter: @BurnbraeFarms, Instagram: @BurnbraeFarms, Pinterest: BurnbraeFarms and YouTube: BurnbraeFarms.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Burnbrae Farms campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.