What is your faourite Easter candy? For me, one of the best parts of Easter is Cadbury Creme Eggs. You know what is even better? The Mini Creme Eggs. They have more chocolate per unit filling. I vaguely remember when they were introduced. My parents thought they were gross but I loved them. I would buy one and eat it with a big glass of milk. Easter isn’t Easter without creme eggs.
If you love them as much as I do, you will have to make these. I promise that you won’t regret it.
Oh, and after Easter make sure you buy a giant bag on sale! Yum! Just try not to eat them all in one sitting.
Creme Egg Rice Krispies Treats
- Use a big pan to melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and melt those too.
- Remove from heat. I have anxiety problems, so I find this step stressful, but QUICKLY before the marshmallows solidify, stir in vanilla, cereal, and Mini Creme Eggs. HURRY DO IT FAST.
- Take a deep breath. The hard part is over. Press the mixture into a buttered pan, using a buttered spatula. Smell the butter. It smells good, right? You are okay now.
- Take a picture and put it on Facebook so that people think you have your shit together.
- Put the pan in the freezer because now your kids will start sounding like the Audrey plant in Little Shop of Horrors: "FEEEEEED ME." You want to cool it down fast so you can chop it into bars and toss it into their gaping maws.
Check out these other great Easter recipes!