Growing up, there are a few meals that stand out in my mind as my favorites. Chicken and dressing (cornbread stuffing), fried chicken and chicken and dumplings are among my faves. So is beef tips and rice though we had it much less often. I can’t lie and say this is the recipe my Granny used to make. I don’t actually have that one. This didn’t taste hers but it was very good and our entire family enjoyed it thoroughly. I especially enjoyed it because it took about 4 minutes to throw in to the crockpot. Perfect for a busy morning when you still want to be able to have a hot meal ready for dinner.
While I paired the beef tips with rice, it could also go well with pasta or on a thick piece of rustic bread.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat can be frozen
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 dry pint container fresh mushroom slices.
- ~ 3 Tbsp Bisto corn starch or gravy mix packet
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepared rice of your choice
- Place first 8 ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, mix Bisto, corn starch or gravy mix with the 1/2 cup cool water until powder is completely mixed in. Pour into crockpot and stir. Cook the remaining 20 minutes for gravy to thicken.
- Serve over steamed rice.