My husband has always said that if you ever wanted to catch a Southerner, you just need to bait the trap with ranch dressing. I always laugh, mostly because it is true. I love me some Ranch dressing….except not really on salads. As a dip for fries? Heck yeah! To dip my pizza crust in? Yes please! Really, it is great on anything. And today it is making an appearance in stew. Check out this recipe for CrockPot Chicken Stew. Hardy, delicous and super easily made in your CrockPot. AND it is made with Ranch-y goodness! Win/Win/Win!
What are your favorite CrockPot or Slow Cooker meals?
- 3-4 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken
- 2.5 Pounds Yukon Potatoes
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Packets Ranch Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop chicken, carrots, onion, and potatoes into large chunks.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour and place in skillet to lightly cook on each side.
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and fill about halfway with water.
- Cook in CrockPot on high for about 3-4 hours and then reduce to lowest setting and allow to sit for about half an hour.
- If the liquid is not the consistency of thinner gravy by the time it’s finished, add a bit more flour and stir. Leave to cook about 10-15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 161mg Sodium: 195mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 36g
Looking for more great Slow Cooker recipes? Check out these favourites!