I remember my Granny making stuffed bell peppers when I was a kid. I loved them back then and I probably still would now. I say probably because I never make them. Why not? Well, it just seems so fiddly. And if you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know I don’t do fiddly. I like things that you chop up, stir together cook and serve. If a recipe has a list of instructions a mile long, chances are it will never, ever get made.
So deconstructed stuffed peppers? I can get behind that! Chop, chop, stir, stir and VOILA! All the taste without all the fiddly. Perfect for me and I bet…perfect for you!
Love Stuffed Bell Peppers but not the work to make them? Try this easy deconstructed recipe instead. All the yum without the work!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 8 Oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup White Rice
- 1 Tbsp Dried/Dehydrated Onions
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Pepper
- First, brown your hamburger and drain it. Set aside.
- Make your rice according to the directions on the box. Set aside.
- Slice your bell pepper in half and clean out all the seeds. Slice it in long strips or if you like it cut differently, that’s perfectly fine.
- Combine all ingredients including the rice, hamburger, and peppers into a skillet and set on medium heat, covered, occasionally stirring for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1578mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
Looking for more great dinner recipes? Check these out!