Today has been….well…a day. It is our first day back to the reality of home after almost a week in Spain. It took us quite a while longer than we planned to get home due to flight delays at every turn. Last night we fell in to bed WAY earlier than usual but today I am still dragging. Knowing that I needed to get groceries and the light streaming in through the windows didn’t get me off the couch and out the door.
To keep the day from feeling like a complete failure, I decided to whip up some muffins to send in Evan’s lunches next week. My last muffin experiment was delicious but contained peanut butter so they couldn’t go to school with him.
I also had to make do with what we have because I haven’t made it to the grocery store. I always have a huge bag of frozen blueberries in my freezer for smoothies. Last week I picked up wild frozen blueberries which make the perfect muffin blueberry because they are smaller so they don’t sink to the bottom. Blueberry muffins it is! Now to find a blueberry muffin recipe to try…
I love this one because the addition of lime juice and lime yogurt to the blueberry muffin recipe makes these muffins a bit tangy to go with the sweet. Evan loves lime Greek yogurt so we always have it on hand for lunches.
Evan and Dewey both gave these muffins two thumbs up!
Delicious Lime Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 12 muffin tin by greasing cups or lining with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, lime juice, egg and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients in to dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Add in blueberries and fold in gently.
- Divide evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned and muffin tops spring back when touched.
- Remove from pan and complete cooling on a baking rack.