I know you are not supposed to feed your feelings. I know this but I am human. When I am sad or overwhelmed, I crave things that remind me of my childhood. Biscuits are right up there at the top of my list. While I can’t remember garlic cheese biscuits from my childhood….they work because nothing says yummy like cheddar and garlic.
While these biscuits may not elicit the same nostalgia in you, I bet you will still love them. Perfect for brunch….try them with egg and bacon inside for an upscale breakfast sandwich, perfect for lunch with a bowl of soup and perfect for dinner with spaghetti or lasagna.
Since I am showing amazing restraint (i.e. not eating the entire dozen by myself), I am going to throw these in an airtight container and take them with us to the cottage for the weekend. Evan loves cheese buns so I’m sure these will be his go to snack all weekend. I love having things on hand that he can grab when he gets hungry!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour milk, 2 Tbsp vinegar + enough milk to make up 1 cup, let sit for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup grated old, sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add melted butter to sour milk and stir until well combined.
- Pour butter and milk mixture on top of flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in shredded cheddar.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on to lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 - 17 minutes or until light brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 214mg Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 2g Protein: 6g
Looking for more great brunch or snack recipes? Head on over to Life Made Delicious for loads of easy and delicious recipes.
Bread makes my day better, how about you? Here are some great bread recipes to try!