We visited friends on New Year’s Eve for an appetizer party. Since we had a bit of a drive to get there, I wanted a delicious and easy appetizer. I love this recipe for a few reasons:
- It’s easy
- It’s appeals to both kids and adults (though make sure to take the toothpicks out before you give them to children)
- Prep is simple and it cooks while you are visiting or preparing the rest of your food.
Everyone raved about how delicious these were so I can see myself making them again in the near future.
1 1/2 pounds pre-cooked sausage such as Kielbasa or Mennonite sausage
1/2 pound Raw Sliced bacon
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp grainy mustard
- Cut sausage into rounds about 1 inch thick.
- Cut bacon slices in half both ways so that you get 4 long thin pieces.
- Wrap each piece of sausage with one of the 1/4 bacon pieces, secure with a toothpick and place in a regular size crockpot.
- Continue until all your sausage is wrapped and in the crockpot.
- Add brown sugar and mustard to the crockpot.
- Gently stir so the sausage is covered with brown sugar and mustard (it will not be over all of it but you don't want one big clump of sugar at the top).
- Cover and cook on low for 6- 8 hours or on hight for 4 hours.
- Pour in to a dish to serve or serve straight from the crockpot.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 335Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 669mgCarbohydrates: 19gSugar: 17gProtein: 10g