Last night I had every plan to make my favorite Easy Thai Coconut Soup with Chicken but I searched high and low and could NOT find my curry paste. I have no idea what happened to it because it’s not exactly something that you snack on late at night. “MMM…I’m feeing a bit hungry…think I’ll have some curry paste!” Um, no. Of course I didn’t start prepping dinner until the last possible moment so by the time I figured out I was missing a key ingredient I was really behind. Now what? Then I remembered an awesome recipe that my friend Maija had posted for peanut noodles with chicken.
Though the recipe called for rotisserie chicken, I already had chicken thighs thawed. That works! I didn’t have all of the ingredients called for so I had to wing it. Thankfully, it came together quickly and the entire family loved it….even Evan! We will be eating this more often for sure.
A quick and easy summer meal idea!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 300 grams dry spaghetti (about 1/2 of a box of spaghetti or 1/3 of a big bag.
- 3/4 cup Asian Sesame salad dressing
- 3 1/2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips, ie cut up bell pepper
- Cook chicken thighs in a small pan of water (enough to cover them) while you continue with the rest of the steps. It will take the chicken about 10 minutes to cook until no longer pink.
- While the chicken cooks, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti per the package instructions. About 2 or three minutes before the noodles should be done, add the veggies to the same pot.
- Cut the chicken thighs into chunks (they should be cooked until no longer pink).
- In a large skillet, heat up the salad dressing, peanut butter and soy sauce. Add chicken and stir to coat. Reduce heat.
- Once noodles and veggies are done, drain them. Finally, add the noodles and veggies to the skillet. Stir until everything is mixed and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1001mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 29g
What is your favorite quick dinner?