Busy weekday evenings are my kryptonite. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done. I love quick and simple recipes that come together quickly and are delicious. This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is perfect. (Don’t forget to keep scrolling for Tasty Tuesday where you can find LOTS of recipes to try!)
You will not believe how much this tastes like a real cheeseburger. Make sure and use all the ingredients to get that real cheeseburger taste. I know adding mustard, ketchup and pickles to pasta seems weird but it works!
The best thing about this meal? It comes together very quickly and you only dirty up two pans. Leftovers taste just as good the next day so it is definitely a winner plus it uses ground beef which is a staple in our freezer.
An easy pasta skillet that tastes JUST like cheeseburgers!
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta I used Catelli Smart instead of whole wheat
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped onions
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 4 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp steak seasoning
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package direction.
- While it’s cooking, brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet until the meat is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Drain pasta & add it to the meat mixture.
- Add the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoning salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until cheese melts. Serve.
Don't leave out the mustard and pickles. They are what give the pasta that real cheeseburger taste.
I think this will be back into heavy rotation. Yum!
Looking for more great Skillet Meals? Try these!