Busy weekday evenings are my kryptonite. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done. I love quick and simple recipes that come together quickly and are delicious. This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is perfect. (Don’t forget to keep scrolling for Tasty Tuesday where you can find LOTS of recipes to try!)
You will not believe how much this tastes like a real cheeseburger. Make sure and use all the ingredients to get that real cheeseburger taste. I know adding mustard, ketchup and pickles to pasta seems weird but it works!
The best thing about this meal? It comes together very quickly and you only dirty up two pans. Leftovers taste just as good the next day so it is definitely a winner plus it uses ground beef which is a staple in our freezer.
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta I used Catelli Smart instead of whole wheat
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 of a small onion finely chopped onions
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 4 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp steak seasoning
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package direction.
- While it’s cooking, brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet until the meat is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Drain pasta & add it to the meat mixture.
- Add the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoning salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until cheese melts. Serve.
I think this will be back into heavy rotation. Yum!
We still need one new host for January! Here are the requirements to hosting a Tasty Tuesday’s party:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.