Hanging out at the lake is FABULOUS…until dinnertime rolls around. We get stuck in the bbq’ed meat, salad and side rut quite often. Last week, while kicking around Facebook, I came across a video for Mexican Beef ‘n Rice Skillet from Delish. I was in love. Unfortunately, I didn’t have beef, or green chilis or fire roasted tomatoes or cumin. This was beginning to look like one of those terrible “I changed everything and it tasted AWFUL. Your recipe is bad!” comment from my blog. Instead, I changed a few things and made it a Chicken Burrito Skillet. My family LOVED it. Like “please make this again” loved it.
In short, I am pretty sure this is infinitely customizable to your family’s tastes. We loved it this way. Lots of people loved it the Delish way. Really, how can you go wrong? Oh and it is truly a one pan meal!
Easy Chicken Burrito Skillet Recipe
Looking for a new chicken recipe? Look no further! This Easy Chicken Burrito Skillet will have your entire family cheering. And only one pan!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup uncooked white rice I used Minute Rice
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup whole kernel corn I used the corn off of two cobs
- 1 can can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Fajita Seasoning or make your own
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese I used Tex Mex
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chopped onions and cook until they start to soften.
- Add garlic and chicken. Cook until chicken starts to brown on the outside and is no longer pink in the middle.
- Push to one side and add white rice.Stir a few times to warm it.
- Add tomatoes, corn and beans. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning.
- Pour chicken broth over everything and stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir. Sprinkle cheese on top and place lid on top for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
I can’t wait to make this again. So yummy!