Easy Chicken Tagine
Recipe by Rachel Ray
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp Montreal Steak seasoning
- 2 medium or 1 large yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- 10 pitted prunes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Spice mixture: 1/ 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 1/2 tsp ground paprika, 1/2 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp tumeric, 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Jarred Mango chutney
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add EVOO and add smashed garlic. Season chicken with Montreal Steak seasoning. Scatter chicken around pan in an even layer. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side to brown. Add onions, prunes and raisins. Mix spices and sprinkle over pot. Cook 2 minutes and then add chicken stock. Cover and cook 7 or 8 minutes. Remove lid & stir. Cook another 5 – 7 minutes uncovered to allow sauce to thicken slightly.
Serve on a bed of couscous or quinoa garnished with mango chutney.
Recipe Notes: Dewey and I both love this recipe. I have to say, though, that the mango chutney really makes this recipe so don’t skip it. Mango chutney can be found in the Indian section of most grocery stores.
Check out what else is cooking over where it all started – Shan’s blog.