Few things are better for dinner than roast chicken. Who knew that the a roast chicken recipe is actually really easy? You likely have all the ingredients for this delicious roast chicken in your crisper drawer and pantry. Leftover chicken can be used in chicken salad or other recipes later in the week.
Let your side dishes decide how fancy your roast chicken dinner will be. Serve with crockpot baked beans and a salad for a yummy faux bbq meal. Or make it a hearty sit down dinner with cornbread stuffing and steamed broccoli. Either way, your family will love it and you will likely have leftovers too. Keep an eye open at the market as whole chickens often go on sale and can go in the freezer for later.
Easy Lemon Herb Roast Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken thoroughly & remove any feathers that may still be hanging around. Dry with paper towels.
- Mix herbs together in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Place chicken in a roaster. Stuff lemon halves (after squeezing the juice out) into the chicken cavity.
- Brush onto chicken. Cut a slit in the chicken skin over each of the breasts. Pour lemon herb mixture under the skin.
- Coat the entire chicken.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the chicken reaches 150 degrees in the thickest part of the thigh (not near the bone).
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? Try these!