This giant Pom Pom Garland is going to be your favourite party decoration soon. Here’s why…pom pom garlands are the super fun member of the garland familie. Garlands are fun because:
- They are high-impact (they take up a lot of visual space)
- They are easy (just tie ANYTHING on a string!)
Pom poms are SUPER easy to make, but if you are making a million little ones to fill a garland, it will be time-consuming. Solution: GIANT pom poms for a GIANT pom pom garland!
This takes 5 – 10 minutes, for reals. Here’s how:
1) Buy some yarn. This was the cheapest yarn I could find. Short, fat balls of yarn will give you the poofiest pom poms.
2) Cut a long piece of yarn from your ball.
3) Tie the long piece around the middle of the ball of yarn. I wrapped it around and tied it again on the back – you want it as tight as possible. You should get something that looks like a snowman.
4) Grab some scissors and cut through all the loops of yarn on the snowman’s head.
You want only straight pieces of yarn, and no loops. Now you have an octopus with a million legs.
5) Flip the octopus over and cut all the loops on the bottom.
6) Grab the ends of your long string. You should now have something that looks like this:
7) Trim ALL the yarn. The shorter you cut it, the poofier your pom pom will be. Turn the pom pom around, and keep cutting all the extra bits to create a sphere. Stop when you have enough trimmed yarn pieces to make a medium-sized tribble. I saved these extra bits for kids’ crafts.
8) After you’ve formed all your pom poms, tie them onto a long piece of ribbon.
9) Feel good about yourself for completing a project and bask in the awesomeness of your giant pom pom garland!
Oh, and did you know you can make a giant spider pom poms for Halloween? Oh yeah!
Best Titanium Scissors – 5 Pack – 8LaRibbons Solid Color Satin Ribbon Asst. #2 – 10 Colors 3/8TYH Supplies 20 Skeins Bonbons Yarn Assorted Colors 100% Acrylic for Crochet & Knitting Multi Pack Variety Colored AssortmentRainbow Party Supplies Pack for 16 Guests – Including Dinner Plates, Dessert Plates, Cups, and Napkins