I love few things more than getting together with friends on the patio for food and bevvies. What I do NOT love, though, is how much preparation and cooking that a patio party can take. Well, I discovered a truly remarkable thing ….. slow cooker bbq ribs that are then finished under the broiler. It’s a delicious way to have ribs when you don’t have 6 hours to smoke ribs (though taking the time is SO WORTH IT).
I must admit that I was a bit skeptical that something this easy could taste good. I love my tried and true ribs recipe that you make in the oven but it takes a LOT more work and effort. Basically the slow cooker is replacing the low and slow of the oven with the Crock Pot.
I can not say I will give up that recipe for ever, but I can tell you we will be having ribs much more often with this new recipe. It is the best of both worlds: the ease of the slow cooker and the caramelized gooeyness of barbecued ribs. PERFECT!
Evan will tell you that ribs MUST be served with my creamy baked mac and cheese. He’s not wrong. To round out your patio party menu, I reccomend the best Southern Peach Cobbler for dessert and red onion and cucumber salad with vinegar dressing to go with your slow cooker bbq ribs. It’s the perfect foil for the richness of the ribs.
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
- 1 large rack of baby back ribs
- 2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
- Cut the rack of baby back ribs in to 1 or 2 rib portions.
- Stack in to the slow cooker.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the ribs (they all do not have to be covered).
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove ribs and place on a foil lined cookie sheet bone side down.
- Brush with additional barbecue sauce.
- Broil for 3 - 5 minutes or until sauce is caramelized and bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 888 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 251mg Sodium: 1682mg Carbohydrates: 58g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 47g Protein: 66g
I realize this is a total cheater recipe but it really is good. Dewey loved the ribs and raved about how tender and delicious they were.
Looking for more great recipes for your next barbecue? Check these out!