Figuring out what to make on busy weeknights is a pain in my neck. Living at the lake means that I can’t just say “Let’s order in!” So I have been doing a better job at filling up my freezer and pantry to make sure I have food that I can prepare quickly that is filling and relatively healthy. Keeping microwaveable, ready to use rice packs is a must. We love this Easy Chicken Fried Rice recipe!
Easy Chicken Fried Rice comes together easily. All you need is 4 thawed chicken thighs, veggies from the crispier, peas from the freezer and rice from the pantry (or leftover rice). Fried rice NEEDS rice that wasn’t freshly cooked today. So this Easy Chicken Fried Rice recipe is perfect for microwaveable rice or rice leftovers. So when you cook rice….make extras!
It comes together quickly and Dewey and I love it. Evan can be hit or miss depending on his mood (as with everything).
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, cored and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil, or additional vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 3 cups cooked day old rice or Minute Rice Ready to Serve rice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- Preheat vegetable oil in a large skillet over med high heat. Add chicken chunks and cook until done through, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and frozen peas. Add sesame oil and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Push vegetables to one side and decrease heat to medium low. Add eggs to other side and fry them until done.
- Mix vegetables and eggs together. Add rice, chicken, soy and hoison sauce. Heat through and serve.
If you use Minute Rice cups, use your hands to break up the rice cups if they are clumped before you add them to the pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 631 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 123mg Sodium: 793mg Carbohydrates: 97g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 32g