After dinner I love to have something a little bit sweet. I’ve also been on a bit of a peanut butter kick lately (Adam’s Natural Crunchy peanut butter (salted) is my favorite!). Hmmm….what do we have around the house that is sweet and has peanut butter but isn’t just peanut butter on a spoon? I know….let’s make bar cookies!
Off to the internet I went and I found this great recipe from Well Plated. Peanut butter? Check! Chocolate? Check! The facts that they were flour free and bar cookies were a plus. I whipped up a batch in no time flat and soon my house smelled like a peanut butter cup.
Each bar is a super rich peanut butter and chocolate decadence (even though they aren’t THAT decadent at all because they have no white flour and not that much sugar). Since they don’t have flour, they are a bit crumbly but I think they will be on our “make often” list.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter, I used crunchy
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and oats until just combined.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the top is set and lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan until they are completely cool and then cut into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 188 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 5g