I first published this recipe in 2010. In almost 8 years, I have tried a LOT of pancake recipes but I always come back to this one. It makes a small amount of perfect, easy fluffy pancakes.
Need more? You can double or triple the recipe without issues. Plus, you can freeze them if you make too many. Pop them in the toaster on busy mornings for a warm, delicious breakfast! Scroll down to the recipe to learn how to make fluffy pancakes.
Make sure to follow the recipe exactly to get perfect, easy fluffy pancakes. Vinegar may seem like a weird ingredient but BELIEVE ME, you have to include it or the recipe won’t work. Also, make sure to let your batter stand for a few minutes to let the batter puff up a bit before you cook it. If you follow those two suggestions, your pancakes will puff up deliciously!
Easy Fluffy Pancakes Printable Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix milk and vinegar together and let set for 5 minutes for milk to “sour”.
- In a large bowl mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix melted butter into the soured milk. Add the egg and mix well. Pour milk/egg mixture into the flour mixture & stir until combined. Let sit for a few minutes until it “puffs” a bit.
- Cook pancakes on a hot griddle. Serve hot with butter & syrup.
This makes a smallish amount of pancakes. We have a few left when it is Dewey, Evan & I but when Will & Nicole are here I definitely double the recipe. Leftover pancakes freeze well and can be microwaved later for a quick breakfast.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g