I first published this recipe in 2010. In almost 8 years, I have tried a LOT of pancake recipes but I always come back to this one. It makes a small amount of the perfect, fluffy pancakes. Need more? You can double or triple the recipe without issues. Plus, you can freeze them if you make too many. Pop them in the toaster on busy mornings for a warm, delicious breakfast! Scroll down to the recipe to learn how to make fluffy pancakes. Keep scrolling to see the Tasty Tuesday linky party. Link up your favourite recipes and check out all the awesome recipes linked up!
Make sure to follow the recipe exactly to get perfect pancakes. Vinegar may seem like a weird ingredient but BELIEVE ME, you have to include it or the recipe won’t work. Also make sure to let your batter stand for a few minutes to let the batter puff up a bit before you cook it. If you follow those two suggestions, your pancakes will puff up deliciously!
- Mix milk and vinegar together and let set for 5 minutes for milk to “sour”.
- In a large bowl mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix melted butter into the soured milk. Add the egg and mix well. Pour milk/egg mixture into the flour mixture & stir until combined. Let sit for a few minutes until it “puffs” a bit.
- Cook pancakes on a hot griddle. Serve hot with butter & syrup.
We still need one new host for January! Here are the requirements to hosting a Tasty Tuesday’s party:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is email@example.com. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.