I can hear you now….”Who eats Fudgy Chocolate Waffles for breakfast?”
I get it. Eating a healthy and balanced diet is important. Sometimes, though, you need something special. Whether celebrating a birthday, holidays or just to going back to school, whatever.
We are definitely celebrating the return to school in our house. I am READY. Thankfully, so is Evan. Just this morning he listed all the reasons he is excited to return to school. I can not begin to tell you how happy that makes me. After years of forcing school upon him, hearing excitement in his voice makes my heart melt. It’s a moment worthy of fudgy chocolate waffles if I’ve ever seen one!
Given the opportunity, Evan would smother these with whipped cream out of a can and sprinkles. He learned that this is his favorite topping at our community pancake breakfasts. Needless to say, that is not something on the menu very often but it sure makes him happy.
Love waffles? Check out this great special occasion waffle recipe! Fudgy Chocolate Waffles will have your favorite chocoholic saying Yay!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Chocolate syrup to taste
- Optional: Whipped Cream and sprinkles
- Combine the vanilla extract, butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Sift in the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Stir until just mixed.
- Add the milk and stir until the batter thickens.
- Pour into a preheated waffle maker and cook it for 4 minutes or until it stops steaming (waffle irons may vary).
- Serve with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, etc to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g