We’ve been eating more pineapple lately. It is one of my favourite fruits. You can’t help but think about the tropics when you bite into a juicy piece of pineapple. It’s so good by itself that I forget that it is also a great baking ingredient. Sweet pineapple melds well with ginger to make this delicious upside down loaf.
Whip this delicious Ginger Pineapple Upside Down Loaf together in a snap. Starting with a box of Spice Cake makes the recipe come together quickly. Adding extra spices means it won’t taste semi-homemade. Win/Win, right?
Serve it warm with creamy vanilla ice cream or a scoop pinapple sorbet. At Disney World, they serve Dole Whip on top of pineapple upside down cake. Believe me, if they serve it there, you KNOW it has to be good. Now you can enjoy it at home!
Try this easy and delicious Ginger Pineapple Upside Down Loaf. It is a great way to make a delicious dessert for tonight or any night.
- 1 box spice cake mix plus ingredients as per mix instructions
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger or, can use 1/8 c of minced candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions, and add the cinnamon and ginger powder
- Grease one loaf pan or line it with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger powder and butter
- Spoon the brown sugar mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan
- Lay 3 – 4 pineapple slices evenly along the bottom of the pan
- Place the cherries in the centers of the pineapple slices
- Transfer the cake mix into the loaf pan
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool 5 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack or serving dish
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving
Looking for more cake and quick bread recipes? Try these great options!