Looking for a unique Christmas cookie recipe to make with your kids? Check out these glittery fun Christmas cookies. They’re cookies! They’re art! They’re cookie art! Your kids will LOVE to make these with you. I mean, how many times have your kids said no to working with glitter? I am betting never.
Looking for more Christmas planning tips? Check out my One-Stop Christmas Planning Guide!
They’ll love the glitter. You’ll love that these cookies come together in one bowl. You can change the color of the glitter to work with any holiday or themed party. Think pink for Valentine’s Day. Yellow for Easter or Multi-colored for a My Little Pony party.
And I can hear you now saying “But where in the heck do you buy edible glitter?”. Well, you can find it every day at Michael’s or order it from Amazon. There you go. Next thing you know you’ll be putting edible glitter on everything.
Oh, and I wish that I could tell you that edible glitter isn’t like regular glitter in the “getting everywhere” department. I can’t. It does. It’s still worth it.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Red Edible Glitter
- Cream together your egg, sugar, and butter in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of your ingredients except the glitter.
- Mix well.
- With your hands, make the batter into 1-2 Tablespoon sized balls.
- Coat each ball in the edible glitter and then place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Cookies will appear soft and unfinished. Allow them to sit and cool and they will be the perfect cookie.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 16gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Love Cookies? Check out these recipes!
Mint Stuffed Sugar Cookie Bars