Disclosure: This post for Turkey Muffins was sponsored by Canadian Turkey. As always, all opinions are my own. Scroll all the way down for a great giveaway too!
Spring is right around the corner. It seems like it was New Year’s Day just yesterday. You know, when we all made grand plans to eat right, get more exercise and basically re-make ourselves into the perfect people? Well, two months down the road and it is time to get real. Changing everything doesn’t work and most people won’t stick with it. Instead, let’s focus on making those little changes that make a big difference like cooking at home more and using Canadian Turkey in recipes.
Turkey is the perfect go-to ingredient, and it can be used as a substitute for any other meat protein in nearly any recipe. Make sure to include turkey when planning your breakfast, lunch and dinner meals so that your family feels energized all day, with delicious recipes that are budget and time-friendly.
A great way to make cooking from scratch easier is to roast an entire turkey. Then you can portion out the turkey from it to use in recipes like the one below. It’s also great in stirfries, salads (mmmm….with cranberries and pecans) and soups. Plus you can freeze the frozen turkey so it is at hand and ready for those busy weeknights.
Spring break is right around the corner and NOW is the time to plan. Days will be busy so why not roast a turkey and make some of your favourite recipes now. You can have your fun-filled days without your healthy eating goals going out the window. All the fun without any of the regret! Perfect.
Need ideas on what to make? Looking for additional tips, recipes, videos and HOW TOs? Visit canadianturkey.ca for all your healthy cooking inspiration. The recipe section is packed with a wide variety of amazing recipes for full meals, appetizers and snacks. You can also find a gold mine of ideas for your leftovers and make-ahead meals. There’s nothing better than making some delectable dishes for the remainder of the week, or stashing some pre-made meals in the freezer for another busy weeknight.
- 1 ½ lbs Canadian turkey thighs, OR 3 cups cooked and chopped Canadian turkey meat
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup peas, frozen and defrosted or pre-cooked
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, frozen and defrosted or pre-cooked
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped or grated onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- If using cooked turkey, skip to step 5. If using uncooked turkey, slice turkey thighs into 1-inch strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked through, 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into chunks.
- Add onions to pan. Sauté until translucent, 2-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli, peas and baby spinach. Cook until warmed through and spinach is wilted, 3 – 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs together. Add water and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 12-piece (or 2 X 6 piece) non-stick muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide cooked vegetables evenly among muffin cups.
- Divide cherry tomatoes evenly between each muffin cup.
- Equally divide egg mixture into each muffin cup leaving ½ centimeter of space at the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
- Let cool slightly and then remove from muffin tins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 174 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 172mg Sodium: 311mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 16g
Win a $75 Visa Gift Card from Canadian Turkey! Enter below:
Open to Canadian residents only. Winners must reply within 48 hours of email or an alternate will be chosen.
Looking for more delicious Turkey Recipes? Check these out!