While I would love to tell you that we eat gourmet, four course meals that are 80% vegetables (only organic of course) that would be a BIG FAT LIE. Evan has taken all my dreams of gourmet meals and picked them apart. Instead we have pasta A LOT. While I don’t mind because YEAH PASTA, I feel like we have the same things over and over. So I’m always looking for new pasta recipes that my pickiest of eaters will eat. Baked Spaghetti Casserole was up for the test!
When I decided to make baked spaghetti, I was sure Evan would eat it. Unfortunately, this recipe is not a slam dunk in that department as Evan refused to eat it. However, I LOVED it so much that I’ve been eating it as leftovers ever since I made it. I am not a lover of leftovers so that says something. So I will give it two big thumbs up even though Evan is being his normal picky self about this recipe.
Pair this baked spaghetti casserole with a caesar salad and garlic bread and you have enough for a crowd. Plus leftovers heat up wonderfully and are even better the next day.
- 1 pound spaghetti prepared per package direction
- 1 pound hamburger meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, I used mushroom
- 1/3 cup chili sauce, in the ketchup section at the store
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 1/2 brick lite cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Italiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9X13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook hamburger meat and garlic until beef is brown. Drain any excess fat.
- Add spaghetti sauce and chili sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the cream cheese and the sour cream in a small bowl.
- Once spaghetti is done, drain it and place it in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Spread cream cheese/sour cream mixture on the spaghetti evenly.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce and meat mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until it is heated through and the top is bubbling and brown (I turned my broiler on for a sec to get that nice brown look.).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before you serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 763mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 24g
Love Casseroles? Check these out!