Just because you are camping, it doesn’t mean you can’t have great food. Fire up your bbq grill and make these delicious Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms. Full off ooey gooey cheese and Italian sausage, I guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one. Since there are only a few ingredients, these are perfect for your next camping trip. Stir them together and make new friends. How can they say no when you hand them a delicious stuffed mushroom?!
Stuffed Mushrooms made right on your grill. Perfect for a cook out or camping. A real crowd pleasing recipe.
- 2 large Costco size containers of fresh mushrooms, I used white
- 1 block lite cream cheese
- 6 turkey Italian Sausages
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare mushrooms by washing & breaking out the stems (Note....use the stems in pasta sauce or salad if you want).
- Squeeze sausage out of casings & cook over medium high heat until browned and cooked through. I didn't drain mine because turkey sausage has little to drain. If using pork sausage, I would drain it. Add lite cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stuff mushrooms with cream cheese and sausage mixture. Sprinkle with parm, salt & pepper. Note that getting the parmesan to stick can be very fiddly (especially if you may have had a margarita before making these) so I skipped it after the first 3 or 4.
- Preheat your bbq grill to around 375 go 400F. Place mushrooms on a griddle (we used our camping one) stuffing side up. Put in your bbq and close the lid. Keep an eye on them. The mushrooms are done when the tops are starting to brown and you can see a bit of liquid from the mushrooms. Don't over cook b/c they will get mushy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 3g
Recipe Notes: Let the mushrooms cool a bit because they are like molten LAVA when you bite into them right off the grill.
Looking for more great Grill Recipes (perfect recipes for camping)? Check out these!