January is done. Did you start your year off with a bang or a whimper? One of my friends posted that she had decided that February 1 was the actual new year and that January was just a free trial month. I kind of like that idea! Who cares when you start healthy changes, as long as you start them. Here are a few simple changes that you can make easily and inexpensively that can have BIG impact.
Here are five simple changes that could turn into life-long habits. Good luck on your adventure!
- Healthy homemade lunches: Eating out is fun. I get it. Unfortunately, eating out is also expensive and not so healthy. Instead, prep food that make for easy grab and go lunches for the week. Enjoy your extra cash and most likely….lower number on the scale. My favorite lunch is two cups of assorted salad items (usually lettuce, grape tomatoes and carrots) topped with a chopped boiled egg, two pieces of turkey bacon and vinagrette. Delicious, healthy and filling.
- Keep your hair healthy: Washing your hair too frequently can strip out natural oils and cause split ends. It can also fade your hair color SUPER quickly. This year, start washing your hair every second or third day to maintain healthy and natural looking locks. Using Batiste™ Dry Shampoo Original between washes will help to eliminate excess oil and grease, leaving hair looking clean and fresh with added body and texture. No water required!
- Drink water: Drinking water instead of other things can be hard. Believe me, I know! Thankfully you will be rewarded with healthier hair and skin. Need some inspiration? Pull out your Cricut and add a little hydration inspiration to your favourite water bottle.
- Unplug and recharge: Getting a good night sleep is always difficult. There are always new emails to be answered and a list of chores to do. Unfortunately, giving up your sleep is not the way to go! Sleep can boost productivity, improve your memory and help maintain a healthy weight. Try turning off the television, computers and smart-phones one hour earlier. If you are having trouble falling asleep, try Vitafusion™ SleepWell. Each SleepWell gummy is made with 2.5 g of Melatonin, a hormone that helps increase total sleep time.
- Move more: Take a walk, dance to your favourite song, find an exercise class, do a workout video….whatever makes YOU want to get up and get your sweat on.
What are healthy habits that you are trying to start this year?
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Church & Dwight. As always, all opinions are my own.