Evan is an ice cream MANIAC. He loves just about any ice cream you can imagine. So….when an ice cream maker came up at the charity auction at work, I had to bid on it! I really wanted to make vanilla ice cream first but I was over ruled. We decided to use the homemade chocolate ice cream recipe out of the ice cream maker manual and it turned out pretty tasty.
I will be branching out & making some other recipes soon. Some I want to try are: Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream. Yum! I can’t wait to figure out all kinds of new combinations. Maybe I’ll even try to recreate Cherry Garcia from Ben & Jerry’s (my all time favorite flavor).
Homemade ice cream is the best!
- 1 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa powder & sugars.
- Add whole milk and mix until the sugars are dissolved (about 1 or 2 minutes).
- Add whipping cream and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared 2-quart ice cream maker.
- We have the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence ice cream machine. It took about 30 minutes to freeze to ice cream consistency.
- If you want firmer ice cream, scoop ice cream into an air tight container and freezer for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Saturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g