You can’t have Thanksgiving dinner without cranberry sauce. It is the perfect sweet and sour foil to savoury Thanksgiving dinner. I have always been a fan of canned cranberry sauce because, honestly, it tasted pretty good. Canned cranberry sauce is now filed under things that I didn’t know that I didn’t know. I still think it tastes pretty good but whenever I can, I will make homemade cranberry sauce. It is easy peasy and tastes amazing. This homemade cranberry sauce recipe is super easy but I warn you, you may never buy canned sauce again.
Homemade Chunky Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries or 3 cups frozen
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Place all ingredients in sauce pan and cook on med-hi for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Cranberries should have popped by then.
- Remove from heat and serve!
- Makes about 2 cups (about the same as one can).
Looking for other Thanksgiving recipes? Head on over to my Recipes page.