Spring has sprung and it’s the perfect time for grilling….mostly because we no longer have to chip the ice off the barbecue to use it. I love fast and easy grilling recipes because they come together quick and are generally pretty healthy and very delicious.
Tonight I decided to try a new recipe that is pretty saucy. Usually I stay away from that kind of recipe on the grill because it makes such a huge mess. Tonight I am trying the Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheet to see if it can bring the saucy back to my grilling. It keeps all the messy on top of the sheet and it is reusable so it is more eco-friendly than, say, lining the grill with aluminum foil every time. Plus it is non-stick!
Our grill is huge so I got to use the entire Cookina sheet (you aren’t supposed to cover the entire grill surface with it). As you can see it kept most of the sauce at bay and I had no flare ups (yay!). I also got great grill marks even though the sheet was there. My chicken and shrimp both came out gorgeously even with a sweet (and flammable) honey glaze.
With the food removed you can see all the sticky left behind.
Afterwards I just took off the Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheet and the grill was clean with no effort by me. The grilling sheet is easy to clean too…just use the nonstick-safe scouring pad that comes with it to scrape the crusty bits off.
Cool right? Honestly the grill is more my husband’s domain than mine and sometimes I decide not to use it because I don’t want to clean it after. Now I don’t have to worry about that….or about setting my hair on fire with flame ups. While I logically know that probably wouldn’t happen, whenever I see a flame up I think “There go my eyebrows!”
So Cookina would like to know #WhatsOnYourGrill!
Here’s what was on mine last night….
Honey Grilled Chicken and Shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp Italian dressing
Meat to Grill
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour half in another medium bowl.
- Add chicken to one bowl and shrimp to the other.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat grill to around 350 - 400 degrees.
- Mix butter and honey in a small bowl and microwave it until melted together.
- Place chicken on Cookina reusable grilling sheet. After turning once, brush chicken with honey butter mixture while continuing to grill until done through.
- Once chicken is almost done, add shrimp to the Cookina reusable grilling sheet. Brush with the honey butter sauce and cook until shrimp are done.
- Remove to a serving platter and brush with additional sauce.
Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheets are available for order online for $14.99 or at these retailers.
Disclosure: I was asked to try Cookina Reusable Grilling Sheets and give my review. As always all opinions are my own.