When we have both of the big kids at our house, I love to find a recipe that I can double and feed everyone for dinner with leftovers to boot. Honey garlic meatballs are at the top of everyone’s list. They are super easy and go perfect with a pan of mashed potatoes. Feeling like you need them to be EVEN faster? Buy some frozen meatballs, bake as per the instructions on the back and then toss them in the sauce from this recipe. You will be winning in the time saved category as well as with your family.
My only warning is that your family will ask you to make these again and again!
I love this recipe because the meatballs are made from scratch. I know that using frozen meatballs is easy peasy but I find making them at home almost as easy. This recipe uses stuff that you have in your kitchen already. Don’t be scared to try it because it is “hard”. I promise it is NOT.
Here’s how I make my Honey Garlic Meatballs!
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with aluminum foil and spritz them with cooking spray.
Ingredients for the meatballs:
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup oats
2 tsp Garlic Plus
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup finely diced onions
Throw everything in a bowl and mix it up. Your hands work best for this.
Roll into balls and place them on your prepared cookie sheets.
Chuck them in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until browned and done through. Smaller meatballs will take less time and bigger meatballs will take more.
While your meatballs are in the oven, let’s make the Honey Garlic sauce.
1 Tbsp butter
6 garlic cloves
1 cup ketchup
2/3 cup honey
4 Tbsp soy sauce
Melt butter in a large sauce pan. Use a garlic press to add the 6 garlic cloves into the butter (or mince it really small) until it starts to brown.
Add ketchup, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Once meatballs are done, you can put the meatballs into the pan and simmer. If your pan is too small (as mine is), throw your meatballs into an oven safe dish, pour sauce over and place back into the oven for a bit. Either way….YUM!
Honey Garlic Meatballs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp Garlic Plus or 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder plus 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil & spray with cooking spray.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll into 2 inch meat balls. Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until done through and browned.
- While meatballs are baking, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute garlic until starting to brown.
- Add ketchup, honey and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat, cover and simmer for 5 minute.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Looking for more family favorite dinner recipes? Check out these ….
Or a great side dish: