June is killing me. Between the end of school and Evan’s birthday, I am exhausted. However the weather is fantastic so I refuse to have bad days. Instead, I try to find little ways to make the day better. Here are my five favorite ways to have a fantastic day.
- Schedule coffee with friends. Face it, we are all busy and it is easy to forget how fun it is to hang out with friends. I have a standing coffee date with friends once per week and it is the highlight of my week.
- Purge a bag of stuff from your house. Ok, I know this sounds like cleaning which is generally un-fun BUT I totally find that purging JUNK from my house makes me feel fantastic. Immediately put the bag in your car and donate it right away.
- Curl up with a new book. I love to read but I rarely take the time. When I do, it feels like a vacation. Sitting down and planning to read is an awesome way to remember how fun diving into a new book can be. I also bet you have books that you bought and haven’t read so it is inexpensive too.
- Take a walk. Our neighborhood is very walking friendly. If you are not so lucky, head to your favorite park. It’s summer. The birds are chirping. The flowers are blooming. Moving your body and taking in some fresh air never hurt anyone. I guarantee it will make your day better with one deep breath.
- Give yourself a time out. I know, I know, it’s not always that easy. I also know that often we don’t take that time even if we can. It doesn’t have to be long, it can be just a few minutes but take the time. Go in your room, close the door and BREATHE.
Other things that I love to do to fill my cup: crochet, bake, play with Cooper (my Maltese) and shopping (walking but indoors and with a coffee). It’s made such a difference to take that time, breathe and focus on being happy. I can see a huge difference in my mood and my attitude about life.