While I would love to be able to tell you that I always have a plan that allows to me make a four course gourmet dinner everyday, we all know that would be a lie. On a bad day, I cry “Uncle” and we do take out. On a good day, I have a few go to recipes that I can throw together at the last minute. Today I am posting one of those recipes. Italian Sausage Pasta with Boursin is so easy that it is almost criminal plus everyone loves it (EVEN EVAN!).
If you have baby spinach on hand, stir it in with the Boursin for an extra punch of green (and nutrition). Dinner can be on your table in less than 30 minutes and your whole family will be asking when you will make it again.
Oh and it also gives you permission to buy ALL THE BOURSIN. It is so yummy on anything!
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage, meat removed from casings
- 1 can Stewed Tomatoes, either small cut or chopped after I used Alymar Accents Petite Cut
- 1/2 wheel Garlic and Herb Boursin , ~75 g
- Cook your pasta per package instructions in salted water.
- In a large skillet, cook the Italian sausage meat until browned. Drain fat.
- Add stewed tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Use the back of your spoon to smush the tomato pieces.
- Add in Boursin and melt.
- Once pasta is done, drain well and stir into the mixture in your skillet. Mix completely and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 732 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 1061mg Carbohydrates: 70g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 28g