Christmas cookie time is coming! I love having a selection of cookies to share with families and friends during the Christmas season. In fact, I’m even joining a Christmas cookie exchange this year. Every year I have my “must make” favourites like No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies and Old Fashioned Iced Sugar Cookies Recipe but I like to add a few new recipes too. This year, it’s these Jammy Almond Thumbprint cookies and I’m sharing the recipe so you can try them too. They are similar to my Old Fashioned Thumbprint Cookies with the added yumminess of ground almonds.
Jammy Almond Thumbprint Cookies
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup salted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
¾ cup ground almonds
Jam of choice for filling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together first four ingredients.
Stir in the flour and ground almonds.
Roll into 1 inch balls. A small baking scoop is great for this!
Bake for 5 minutes and then quickly indent each cookie with your thumb. Fill the indention with a small spoonful of jam or lemon curd.
Bake for 8 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
Jammy Almond Thumbprint Cookies Printable Recipe
A twist on a classic Christmas cookie. These Jammy Almond Thumbprint cookies are delicious for the holiday season.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- Jam of choice for filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and ground almonds.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. A small baking scoop is great for this!
- Bake for 5 minutes and then quickly indent each cookie with your thumb. Fill the indention with a small spoonful of jam or lemon curd.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 10gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Love cookies? You’ll want to check out these other yummy cookie recipes!